19 June 2007

progress

Prove it to me if you can
Show me the reason to go
Forward to the sun
Away from this shady spot
Underneath this tree of sadness

Why should I go forward?
Here in this place I am safe and blue
Sadness is my friend and my ally
Come out say you and see the world
Don’t hide there but come see the sun

I like it here in my world of down
I am comfortable here in this place of sad
Cooking my dinner of depression
Down in the dumps and stuck here
My attitude sucks but I like it

So come show me the way
Let’s see what’s out there
In your world of light and warmth
Can I bring my grief?
My misery? My pain?

The blues be softer than life
So I will stay here in the shade
Underneath this tree of sadness
Holding hands with my angst
Cooking my dinner of depression

Prove it to me if you can
Give me a reason to escape
From this world I create
Convince me to come out
And try something dangerous

I might like it but i'm skeptical
Show me how to play
Like a child in springtime
Happy and free from this shade
Ready to experience this life

No comments:

Post a Comment