19 June 2007

My Mind Is Gone

The clouds drift across my sky
Slowly forming a picture in my mind
One day this and then the next
Softly forming and changing
White then grey
Hard then soft
Faces melt into the sun
Pictures of animals
Strange in their shapes
Drifting slowly round the world
Forming then parting
Becoming something
Then nothing
Close my eyes
I sleep, dream of a world of soft clouds
Cushioning my mind
Keeping me safe
Drifting on a sea of white
Forming a picture in my mind
Of peace and happiness

Blue sky erupts in a shower of bright
Chaos from reality
Storms come and go
Snap of the lightening
Splash of the rain
Falling on my face and hands
Darkening my smile
Chasing my dreams
Becoming a new reality
Harsh and bitter
But clean as well
Dripping down my nose
Running in my hair
Itching at my collar
Wet and cool
Soon it will shine again
And all will be bright and dry

No comments:

Post a Comment