19 June 2007

Freedom

What is this that you have told me?
It is time to move on from this place I have found?
Where should I go on this cold wet weathered day?
What should I do to lay my head down tonight?

Should I go home to that place I despise?
Maybe I could go back to the agony of abuse
I could choose to surrender to the anger inside
Give it all up to feed that hot fire

But no I shall not surrender
I will prevail and win
Onward from here to the next place Ill find
Moving forward to the promise of happiness

I will never give up the fight to be free
This is my choice and my right by birth
So stand aside all those that would stop me
Because today is my day and I will be free

What is this that you have told me?
It is time to move on from this place I have found
Yes it is time to move on and I will not stop
Do not waiver in your driving me on

Encourage my persistence and together we will make it
To the end of the rainbow
The end of the strife
Onward to freedom and onward to life

No comments:

Post a Comment